"We need to participate for the common good. Sometimes we hear: a good Catholic is not interested in politics. This is not true: good Catholics immerse themselves in politics by offering the best of themselves so that the leader can govern." - Pope Francis, 9/16/13
*Coming Soon* 2020 Election Resources (Click Here) - This is your home for 2020 election resources! As Catholics, we are called to inform our consciences and exercise our right to vote in a principled, prudent manner. Use the resources below to prepare your heart and mind for Election Day.
Being a faithful citizen does not just come down to one day in the voting both, but is something the baptized are called to do 365 days a year. Below are some resources we can use to stay informed on issues being presented/discussed/voted on presently, and how to form our conscience on whether to support the issue or not. Below that is a list of our elected officials for the 55731 area.
Click the above button to learn about what the USCCB says about being faithful citizens, to read the document they put out for election years (or watch the video that summarizes it) and see what other resources are available to us.
Click the above button to see what issues that Bishop Sirba and the other bishops of Minnesota are advocating for or against. Sign up for the Catholic Advocacy Network for email alerts when an important social issue is up for discussion with our state legislature. Minnesota Catholic Conference (MCC) is the public policy voice of the Catholic Church in Minnesota. MCC supports the ministry of our state’s Catholic bishops by:
● Working with political and community leaders to shape legislation that serves human dignity and the common good
● Educating Catholics and the public about the ethical and moral framework that should be applied to public policy choices
● Mobilizing the Catholic community to make its voice heard in the public arena
Our Elected Officials (Click title for detailed information on our reps. Click each name for their official websites.)
Your Federal Officials
- President Donald Trump
- Vice President Mike Pence
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Senator Tina Smith
- Representative Pete Stauber
Your State Officials
- Governor Tim Walz
- Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan
- Secretary of State Steve Simon
- Attorney General Keith Ellison
- Senator Thomas Bakk
- Representative Rob Ecklund