Knights of Columbus
Charity. Fraternity. Unity. Patriotism.
Our local Knights of Columbus Council is open to all Catholic men ages 18+. We meet once at month on the third Monday at 6:00 pm where we share a meal and go through current business. We sponsor many popular community events such as our Lenten Friday Fish Fries and Holiday Bingos. These events raise funds that we distribute to assist people, families, and organizations in the Babbitt, Ely, and Tower communities.
The Mission of the Knights of Columbus: To know, love, and serve God is the mission of the Catholic faithful. That mission is reflected in Section 2 of the Charter of the Knights of Columbus:
The purposes for which said corporation is formed, always consistent with Catholic values and doctrine, are the following:
- through a system of subordinate councils, along with regional, national, and international convocations, to raise up, support and encourage a fraternity whose members are practical Catholics united by their faith and by the principles of charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism;
- through common worship, charitable works, meetings, and rites of initiation, to form its members in Catholic faith and virtue;
- to render pecuniary aid to its members, their families, and beneficiaries of members and their families;
- to render mutual aid and assistance to its sick, disabled, and needy members and their families;
- to promote social and intellectual interaction among its members and their families;
- to promote and conduct educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief, public relief, and other activities; and
- to unite members in their Catholic identity and the practice of their Catholic faith.